Flying Milestones of Anthony "Iron Man" Cozzie
With Piper Archer III at Willard Field.
Not pictured: -25° C windchill.
- 08/31/2010: First flight, Champaign's Willard Field, with CFI Joe
McElwee and flight partner Robert Lyons.
- 09/26/2010: First landing afer 8 hours of flight time. No
casualties, and we were able to fly the plane again.
- 10/09/2010: Nicknamed "Iron Man" by my flight partner Robert
Lyons, who also christened our instructor "Prime Time". Our ground
school instructor wanted to nickname Rob "Giggles", but we decided on
- 10/28/2010: First dual night flight.
- 12/10/2010: First dual cross-country
- 12/13/2010: Finished all 27.5 hours of UIUC's Aviation 101. Joe
refused to let me do a flyby of the tower.
- 02/22/2011: Obtained FAA 3rd class medical after five months of
administrative pain and suffering, including several hospital visits
and quite a few calls to Oklahoma, despite the fact that I am healthy
enough to play basketball and lift weights
on a regular basis.